
A few years ago we decided to dumb down our cable. We no longer had Disney, Cartoon Network, Food Network, all the news channels and saddest of all Nick. Sully was turning into a TV addict. All he wanted to do was sit in front of SpongeBob. Don't get me wrong, I think that show is stupid funny like everyone else but it was getting bad. It's like Meth for kids.
So after the initial withdraws, which were NOT pretty, we got used to PBS Kid shows. I love PBS Kids shows! Curious George, Martha Speaks, Word World they actually learn something from those shows.
When we moved into our new place I called the cable company to set up service. I told them just basic! They questioned me, offered me specials but I stayed strong! Just the basic! The night we got here the cable guy was here setting us up, 3 days later when we unburied the TV and plugged it in, to our surprise, we had extended cable, which means....... SpongeBob was back in our lives. I let it be for a week while I unpacked and let the TV babysit the kids but when I called the cable company to tell them of their mistake they told me that our cable is spliced with our next door neighbors so for now we have to have extended cable. We have extended cable for the price of basic. What are you complaining about you ask? That's all the kids want to do when they are inside and unfortunately unless I can go outside with them here, they can't play outside. It's making me crazy! Why couldn't I have taught my kids to love piano or reading?
Oh SpongeBob..... how can you be so good and so bad at the same time?
9 comments:
Does your tv have a parental lock on it? If so, you might be able to block that channel, unless you input the code for them... Just an idea...
What an evil, little sponge!
Oh that was me. Sorry! Forgot to sign out of my professor's account. I'm sure she would think Sponge Bob is evil too though!
I agree with Sam. We just programed our remote with parental lock for everything PG13 and higher. It's great! A bit of a pain for us at night because after every show we are watching we have to put in the code but it's nice to REALLY have tabs on what the boys are watching.
Ummm maybe i should not admit that Phoenix has every episode of spongebob memorized!?! Parenthood at it's finest right there folks
I'm going through the same thing. They're just addicted in general. It's bad the TV is downstairs and I can think they're playing and...no. What to do?
Emily used to be able to imitate Patrick perfectly when she was 4. It was hilarious.
I saw a Sponge Bob T-Shirt with him skateboarding on it and almost got it. Better not since you and the sponge aren't seeing eye to eye right now.
Oh, the trials of being a parent to a young child.
I don't really think Sponge Bob has very good manners and he is not my favorite, however if it is the worst they ever watch.....mmmmmmmmmmm.
And so what mommies, if they watch T.V. at least you know where they are and what they are doing. Watch it with them.
And then do something active.
And is there a "double" standard on T.V. Watching???
I think I have been in trouble for a long time for my "parental" controls. some of my family think that what I didn't let my kids watch
was dumb.Just keep doing the best you can do.
Because choices get a lot more serious than "Sponge Bob" before you know it. Love to all
Post a Comment