Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Superbowl Shuffle

Like charging in to an ice cold river for a swim and only getting waist deep the shock of this video caused a torrent of memories to come flooding back.

I was only nine years old but I still remember the 1985 Chicago bears. There was a tough team. Chicago has a way of making tough teams, maybe it's the cold weather. I can even remember two of my all time favorite players William "The Refrigerator" Perry and Mike Singletary, one of the greatest linebackers of all time.

Did you know they had a song...well they do. I came across it while I was looking on YouTube for something totally unrelated. What a was a total blast from the past. I can remember standing on our driveway in Maryland blasting it on my boombox for all to hear. I thought I remembered this song, but seeing something again you haven't seen for a while has a way of reminding us how poor our memory really is. Without further ado, I give you the 1985 Chicago Bears and "The Superbowl Shuffle".



Apparently this video was removed for copyright reasons...dang. Well I managed to find it here!

3 comments:

Margo Clift said...

Didn't hear the song, as it was no longer available

Margo Clift said...

I did find that shuffle and was quite amazed and entertained.
I think I can imagine you standing there with that boom box.
Sounds somewhat like another young man that I know would have been doing then too.
Aren't memories great?

Margo Clift said...

Is that you in the scout uniform at the beginning of the song?