Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Baby Clark's Blankie





My littlest sister, Jeni, is having her first baby come June. They just recently found out it's a little boy. His name will be Clark. We are very excited to finally have a cousin close to us. Amara was just giving Jeni advice as to what to do when he starts walking. I sat down and made this quilt for him the other day. It's one of our favorites that I've done so far.

6 comments:

Margo Clift said...

His Grandma Hall will really like this one.
Good job Aunt Brandi.
You are really crankin those little quilts out.

Byron and Tara said...

I LOVE this one!!! I tryed to find some cute scull and cross bone snuggle flannel for him but had no luck, Darn!!! I can't wait to see baby Clark all wrapped up in this cute blankie!

The Halls said...

I LOVE IT!! His Dad thinks he wil look pretty darn cute all wrapped up! The fabric is just what I wanted. Thank you Brandi. We are exicted that Clark will be here with the kids too!

Eric Devericks said...

I think the coolest thing about making baby blankets is that each one has a chance to become a treasured item to that child. I had a blankey made by a family friend growing up and I absolutely loved it. I slept with it every night and I can't tell you what a comfort it was.

Eric

Erik & Jona Tuft said...

Nice work - you're a pro! I like doing that kind of thing as well. I made Adam a quilt. Erik designed it and I pieced the top and then had it quilted professionally. But he doesn't use it now. It's a little too small. He uses this ratty one that I made when I was 14. My intention was to make it for my first child and I hand stitched animals and nursery rhymes on each block. And then my mother and I hand quilted it when I was in high school. The quilt is, of course, pink and lt. blue because I didn't know if I would have a boy or a girl. It is truly hideous, but Adam sure likes it. I guess that's what counts.

Spiralmoon Studio said...

Brandi this is so awesome! I absolutely (HEART) the skull & crossbones fabric - great color choices too. Clark is going to love it!

Hugs,

JayLene