
Amara's school had a end of the year BBQ on friday and the Kindergarten classes had a little choir concert. It was really fun to go and watch them perform. Amara was so busy disciplining the boys next to her that she only sang half the songs.


We were able to get her teacher to pose for a picture with her. She has really enjoyed Ms. Jones this year. She also thinks it's cool that they look alike.

All in all it has been a great first year of school for Amara. She has learned to count by 5's and 10's and to count past 100. She is beginning to read and knows all her letters and their sounds. She loves to write and draw, but most of all she has loved making new friends! We are very proud of our almost 1st grader!
5 comments:
Please tell me that the teacher (in the last picture) truly does have legs, and was just kneeling...otherwise, I'd have to feel terribly sad for the woman with the shortest legs in history!
Congratulations on successfully completing Kindergarten Amara!
Well, I guess you are right. Ms. Jones and Amara are twinners.
Congratulations, Miss Amara for a great year in Kindergarten. Wow, it just seems a few days since we saw you off and greated you coming home on the first day of school.
And now you are a First Grader!
I remember when Aunt Lisa was a first grader that the only complaint that her teacher had, was that she mothered all of the boys in her class. Including discipline. Some things are genetic. Don't ya think?
It looks like a great BBQ and a fun time. And it seems as though the sun was still shining "through the gray".
I know you are a good counter. Because you showed me when we were there. AWESOME!
LOVE YOU
Grandma
Holy Cow an almost 1st grader in the family?? I can hardly believe it. I am so proud of you Amara. You have done so great this year and I know next year will be no different. We love you so much!!
Aunt Jen and Uncle Kev
Amara so glad that this has been such a great year for you in school. I know you loved your teacher and we talked about how you are going to miss her. I bet she is going to miss you too. Congratulation's on your accomplishment!!
What the heck??? Is she really old enough to be going in to 1st grade?? Man that scares the crap out of me. That means in no time Phoenix will be there. Ummm maybe I should not talk about that since my eyes are allready starting to well up.
Good job Amara!!!
Post a Comment