Sunday, February 25, 2007

Bad Dude


I did this sketch tonight.

Drawing is creating, and when you create something it has to come from somewhere. If you are honest with yourself, you can look at one of your drawings and it will tell you a story. It's a story about where it comes from. It comes from somewhere inside you. What does it say? This sketch makes me uncomfortable because of where it came from. It came from a place I don't share with many people. I think we all have a place like that inside of us.

This drawing spoke to me. It told me a story. It was dark, depressing and oppressive but it was honest. That's why it's good. It's good because it spoke to me and if it spoke to me maybe it will speak to someone else. If I'm honest, that's really what every creator wants.

So, what's the story? Honestly...it's none of your business.

1 comment:

Margo Clift said...

THAT KINDA SCARES ME
MOM